I asked Bard AI, and got the following interesting response:
There are a few ways to promote your own webpage/business when using eBay.com:
- Include a link to your website in your “About Me” page. This is the most important place to include a link to your website, as it is the most likely place that potential customers will look for more information about you and your business.
- Mention your website in your listings. You can do this in the description of your listings, or in the Q&A section. Be sure to explain why potential customers should visit your website, such as to view more products, get better deals, or learn more about your company.
- Use eBay Promoted Listings. This is a paid advertising program that allows you to promote your listings to a wider audience. You can target your ads to specific keywords or demographics, and you can set a daily budget.
- Offer discounts or promotions to eBay buyers who visit your website. This is a great way to incentivize buyers to leave eBay and visit your website, where you can offer them a better deal or a wider selection of products.
Here are some additional tips for promoting your webpage/business on eBay:
- Make sure your website is well-designed and easy to navigate.
- Offer competitive prices and shipping rates.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Respond to buyer inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Get positive feedback from buyers.
- Be active in the eBay community. Participate in forums and answer questions from other buyers.
By following these tips, you can use eBay to promote your own webpage/business and reach a wider audience of potential customers.
Here are some things to keep in mind when promoting your webpage/business on eBay:
- eBay does not allow you to include links to your website in your listing titles or descriptions. However, you are allowed to mention your website in the Q&A section of your listings.
- You are not allowed to advertise your website in a way that is misleading or deceptive. For example, you cannot claim that your website is the “official” website for a particular brand or product.
- You are not allowed to spam eBay buyers with messages about your website.
If you have any questions about eBay’s policies on promoting your website, you can contact eBay customer support for assistance.
The following really sticks out as useful:
- Promotion in “About me” page.
- Mention website in Q&A section of listings.
- Don’t mention website elsewhere.