QR Code generator version 1.0.0 released.
- QR Code generation.
- Specify background and foreground square colours.
- Share current QR Code control URL.
- Share current QR Code URL.
- Download QR Code as image.
- Use in iframe.
QR Code Generation from URL
This web application offers QR Code generation from URL input, similar to many other QR Code services.
Simply add the QR Code and click the update button to generate the QR Code.
QR Code state is kept in the URL query parameters, so it is easy to share access to the current QR Code being created.
An important feature of this QR Code generator is the ability to change the colour of the QR Codes.
Both the black squares and white background can be changed to any colour of your choosing.
Sizing is currently not supported. Images are generated as PNG. These can be improved upon if enough requests are received.
Download generated images by right-click, drag & drop, or any other browser image saving method.
The main reason for the creation of this QR Code generator is the ability to link with other applications.
In addition to storing the state of the QR Code being created in the URL, it is also possible to output only the QR code and share this by URL.
This provides the ability to embed QR codes in other web pages using IFrames.
<iframe src="https://theopenweb.info/app/qr-code-generator?qrcode-only" style="width: 155px;"></iframe>
The service can be found at the URL below:
Please feel free to send your requests for improvements at https://theopenweb.jp#contact
Data converter version 1.0.3-beta released: https://theopenweb.info/app/data-converter
File upload bugs and additions have been made, including the ability to display common files such as images in outputs.
JSDoc conversions have been improved to work better on objects.
Multiple File & Zip Downloads
Downloading multiple files is now possible from the output node.
This includes downloading multiple individual files and downloading a single ZIP file with multiple files inside.
Many new conversions have been added including URL and CSS encoding and decoding, EML/JSON E-mail,
FormData and query strings, colour (
VGA, etc.), Morse code and Roman numerals.
Inputting data using JSON strings, Objects, and arrays is now possible.
The JSON string and Object inputters are especially useful due to using an embedded code editor.
Mime Type Auto Guessing
Mime types are now inferred from files, allowing for better auto-suggesting of conversions.
- Multiple file download
- Zip file download
- Mime Type auto guessing
- URL and CSS encode/decode conversions
- Email EML and JSON conversions
- Improved JSDoc conversions
- Object to HTML and Vue component conversions
FormData and Query String conversions
- Colour conversions:
VGA, HTML Colours.
- Other functions: Morse Code, Roman numerals, …
- Additional inputters: JSON and Object editors, Array.
Tax Calculator alpha release
Tax Calculator has been released under the initial α(alpha) version.
This application aims to provide taxation and related calculation services in an efficient and fair way.
Similar applications have tended to focus on being protective and so difficult to import/export from/to and link with.
This has been an issue for The Open Web business due to the policy of open linking being at the centre of our business policies.
Similar applications being expensive compared to applications of different categories is to be expected due to the legal implications and expertise required for such services.
However, unchanging, user-contributed areas should tend to be free and open.
This is something this application aims to achieve.
Under the alpha version, released features have been limited, but this will be gradually expanded on.
Any feedback will be much appreciated, and will help improve this application.
Mainly fixed values such as rates and prices.
Examples include tax rates, fixed tax amounts, etc.
These are generally easy to add. Please feel free to contact to contribute or request additional constants.
Calculations that include no state.
State (stored data) is under development, and is scheduled to be added once better tested.
These calculations generally take 1 or more inputs, but may take zero in certain cases.
Inputs may use any native HTML input or custom-made input types.
Currently, inputs are generally text and number types, with some text types expecting numbers only.
On calculation execution, the result will be shown. Sometimes errors will be shown.
Errors at this stage may be due to bugs. However, errors in general may happen where inputs or results are out of bounds, etc.
Improvements will be made gradually, prioritizing easy-to-fix and popular areas.
Alpha Release Notes
This initial version is currently under development and so may have bugs.
It is being released in alpha stage until major bugs have been fixed.
Due to being in relatively early development stages and using automation,
some information/calculations currently use programmatic and unclear terms.
These will be gradually improved over time. If there are any that you want to be prioritized, please feel free to get in contact.
Please feel free to contact about any improvements and feature additions wanted.
Home-page version: 1.0.4 Released
- Improved naming
- Added websites
## [1.0.4] – 2021-06-21
- Improved naming
- Added websites
Data converter version 1.0.0-beta released: https://theopenweb.info/app/data-converter
Share conversions by URL
When conversions are made, the URL is automatically updated to represent the latest conversion.
URLs can then be copied and shared OR bookmarked for later use.
※ Values are currently not included in conversions, but may be added in the future.
Improved input formatters
The following input formatters have been added:
- Photo: Take a photo from your web camera.
- Microphone: Obtain audio from your microphone.
Mediastream: Obtains a stream using the best available method.
- Camera: Obtain video from your web camera.
date: Date input in format
textarea: Multi-line text input.
HTMLCanvasElement: Now with free drawing brush.
variable: Currently being test-implemented. Changes may be made to these in the future.
Proper file conversions
File input conversions using
File input formatter and types with mime types have been implemented.
image/jpeg input can be used for inputting images.
More will be added in the future.
Outputting files can be done by setting the output node types field to
- Conversions to Elements can now be displayed directly in output nodes.
- The last display output is outputted in the output node at the top.
- More accurate mime type and extensions for file outputs.
- Last output is stored in variable for usage in variable and
eval input formatters.
- Currently, English and Japanese support has been added.
- Translations are currently for the UI only, not for actual conversion names, etc.
- If you want to request or help with a translation, please contact us: https://theopenweb.jp#contact
Some examples of added conversions:
date ⇒ various date formats
HTMLCanvasElement ⇒ image
- Fixes to measurement units to allow all permutations (lengths, areas, volumes, etc.)
- Querying in format
?q=[WORD1] [...] [WORDN] [FROM]>[TO]
- GET parameters for sharing and reusing.
- Improved UI
- Error and bug fixes
- Improved input formatters
- Removed impossible inputs
- Allowed for proper file input and output
- Allowed for Element output display
- Added conversions
- Multilingual support (Japanese)
Home-page version: 1.0.3 Released
- Additional websites
- Name fixes
- Go to active website homepage functionality
## [1.0.3] – 2021-04-21
- Additional websites (Additional important global websites)
- ALT + Enter: Opens active website homepage.
- ALT + click on website icon: Opens website homepage.
- Clicking active website icon changed from opening search page to opening homepage.
- Website names improved.
Data Converter version 1.0.0-alpha Released
Data converter released in alpha version.
Features many conversions, input and output formats.
※ Due to alpha stage, bugs may be encountered.
## [1.0.0-alpha] – 2021-01-24
– Convert between different formats.
– Load text, file, other
– Output or download
Home-page version: 1.0.2 Released
## [1.0.2] – 2021-01-23
– Additional websites (Video games, maps, shopping, streaming, books, stock market pricing).
Home-page version: 1.0.1 Released
Home-page has been updated with additional websites, bug fixes, and more.
## [1.0.1] – 2020-12-25
– Show help (keys) while typing.
– Additional websites.
– Mobile keyboard open button.
– Bug fixes.